Turks and Caicos Weddings


Visa Requirements, Climate, Currency, Clothing and more!

Getting There 
Airport and Airline Information, 
Charter Services and Local 

Where to Stay 
Necessary Documents, Ceremonies, Local Ministers and Honeymoons!



Facts at a Glance

Detailed below is the relevant information to enable you to get married in the Turks & Caicos Islands.

To co-ordinate all arrangements from the UK you are required to contact any of the following in the islands:

Grand Turk
Ms Marjorie Williams, Marriage officer
The Registrar's General Office
Minister who performs weddings.
Front Street, Turks & Caicos Islands
British West Indies
Tel: 001 809 946 2800
Fax: 001 809 946 2821 

Pastor Leslie Myers
P.O. Box 104
Providenciales, Turks and Caicos Islands
Tel: 001 809 941 5291


Couple Original documentation to be produced in person are:

  • British Passport
  • Birth Certificate
  • Proof of Status - If single a sworn affidavit is required.
  • If one of the parties is a divorcee, then proof of Decree Absolute is required, either the original or a notarized copy, sealed by the Clerk of the Court.
  • In the case of a Widow/Widower the Death Certificate of the previous spouse is required.
  • If change of name by Deed Poll or Adoption then proof is required.
  • If under the age of 21 years then evidence is required as consent of one or both partner or guardian, in the form of an affidavit stamped by the Notary Public.
  • The parties must not be within the prohibited degree of relationships to each other.
  • Letter stating both parties occupations, marital status, age as of last birthday, present address of residence and fathers full name.
  • For church weddings most Ministers require proof of membership.
  • The marriage must be solemnized by a registrar of Marriage Officer (usually the Registrar General for Special Licenses) who is entitled to payment of reasonable travelling expenses if the marriage takes place other than at his usual place of business.

*Please be advised that any Passports or documentation written other than in English should be translated in advance and notarized by the applicable consulate.


There is a residency period of 01 Day (24 hours) before an application for a Marriage License can be made to the Registrar in Grand Turk. The ceremony for can then take place after a period of 02-03 days or at any time after the application has been granted.

All ORIGINAL documents must be presented to the Registrar by the person completing the forms.



The ceremony will be conducted by a local minister, Justice of the Peace or Registrar and we have been assured by the both the Foreign and Commonwealth Office and the General Registrar's office in London that the marriage should be legal in accordance with British Law.

*Please note that there is no provision for any marriages which may tale place overseas to be registered in the persons country of origin, as all records will be placed in the Turks & Caicos Islands.

We recommend that the Marriage Certificate be photocopied and the original be placed for safe keeping in a safe Deposit box on your return to the UK.


Roses Subject to request and confirmation of the Registrar.

Wedding Date

If you have a specific date in mind for your wedding it is advisable to make a special request in writing to the Registrar in person prior to your arrival. Please be aware that wedding can take place on any day. Please let the person know who is completing your forms where you would like the wedding to be held, the time and the date.



The Original Official Web Site of the Turks & Caicos Tourist Board  
This page, and all contents of this Web site are Copyright  
(c) 1997-2006 by interKnowledge Corp.. All rights reserved.