Latest News from Antigua and Barbuda
25 REASONS TO TRAVEL
TO ANTIGUA AND BARBUDA
1. 365 white and pink sand beaches.
2. A hop, skip and jump from the USA – only four hours from
the eastern seaboard. Travel is easily arranged on major carriers
such as American, Continental, Delta and US Airways.
3. Romance -- named the best island for a destination wedding for
the past two years.
4. Historic sites such as Betty’s Hope sugar mill, St. John’s
Cathedral and Nelson’s Dockyard.
5. Sailing Week: Take part in this world-renowned regatta! Sign
up to be a deck hand or merely an observer and enjoy sailing at
its very best.
6. Soft adventures — scuba, snorkeling, boating, fishing,
and much, much more.
7. It’s an English-speaking island, so there are no communication
8. Authentic, mouth-watering Caribbean cuisine.
9. Natural wonders including the rainforest, Frigate Bird Sanctuary
and Devil’s Bridge.
10. Crystal clear turquoise water.
11. Sunny and warm all year with soothing trade winds.
12. Accommodations ranging from intimate boutique hotels to all-inclusive
resorts with pricing to suit every budget.
13. Two islands in one – Barbuda is just 15-minute flight
or 90-minute ferry ride from Antigua.
14. Revel in the warmth and hospitality of Antiguans and Barbudans,
long considered some of the friendliest people on the planet!
15. Ranked as Best Island for Celeb Spotting by Caribbean Travel & Life
16. Wile the night away at Paradise Casino – the largest
Casino in the Eastern Caribbean.
17. Exploring underground caves at Indian Town in Antigua, rumored
to stretch all the way to Guadeloupe.
18. A 17-mile pristine and untouched pink shell beach in Barbuda.
19. Cultural heritage that includes an annual Carnival celebration
and a fierce devotion to cricket.
20. Refreshing tropical concoctions using Antigua’s own Cavalier
rum and the famous sweet, black pineapple.
21. Relaxation nirvana – unique Caribbean treatments at luxury
spas will help guide guests on the path to ultimate rejuvenation.
22. Family-friendly accommodations with special activities to keep
the little ones occupied while parents escape on their own excursions.
23. A new zip line eco-tour that is sure to stimulate and excite.
24. Three words – duty free shopping.
25. Did we mention, 365 white and pink sand beaches?
# # #
to press room index
This page, and all contents
of this Web site are Copyright (c) 1996-2006 by interKnowledge
Corp., New York, NY. All rights reserved.